Festive recipe from Sweden
8-10 potatoes (Dutch cream or Sebago)
1 jar of anchovies (100g)
1 ⅓ cup of cream
⅓ cup of bread crumbs
2 tablespoons of butter
- Peel the potatoes and julienne, then rinse in cold water and dry
- Peel the onions and slice finely then fry on low heat until translucent (~ 5min)
- Using a 30cm greased ovenproof dish, layer the potatoes, onion and anchovies. Repeat this for 3-4 layers
- Add half the cream and sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top then bake in the oven for 30min at 225°C or 200°C in fan forced.
- After 30min add the rest of the cream at the edge of the dish so as not to disturb the golden bread crumbs and cook for a further 15min
Serve with ice cold schnapps (Vodka!) and enjoy! God Jul (Merry Xmas)! Skål (Cheers)!